Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Right Now...

I stole this idea from someone on the internet and I have seen a lot of other bloggers doing it.

right now i am…

watching: nothing because I am sitting in a Starbucks blogging, reading and writing before I get my haircut. Honestly, tv is not my choice of entertainment 99% of the time.

eating: Nothing. Right before this I just had my first Jersey Mike’s experience and I have to tell you…it was pretty darn good. My brother just might know what he is talking about. Have you been?

drinking: A grande caramel salted hot chocolate with skim milk and no whip cream. The perfect afternoon pick me up since I did not have my chai this morning. I am also drinking water. I am still pumping/nursing and I am constantly thirsty.

wearing: Lululemon Black Still Pants, my favorite Patagonia fleece, my North Face coat and a workout tshirt, Brooks running shoes and the other essentials.

avoiding: getting ready to put our house on the market. With two kids it’s no secret we acquire a lot of crap. Given my hoarding personality, I have a really hard time throwing things away, packing things up and simplifying life. I am determined after Christmas to tackle some of this stuff.

feeling: pretty good right now. I have done yoga the past two mornings. Yesterday it was hot yoga and this morning it was yoga sculpt and it felt good to sweat. I am almost finished Christmas shopping, had a dinner date with my husband last night and had a breakfast date with Brady this morning. All of that is good stuff and rejuvenates me.

missing: the ability to regularly workout. The past two days I have felt the stress leaving my body as I have sweat and spent an hour focusing on my body. It is such a part of me and I crave it. But until my sweet Cate decides to start sleeping with more regularity, the evenings become easier, and I am not commuting both ways with the kids I don’t see this happening.

thankful: for all that we have. I sometimes struggle with complaining and being a “glass half empty” person but really I have little to complain about. I have a husband with a successful business who I am still crazy about even though our life is CHAOS right now, two healthy, beautiful kids and a job I love.

weather: interesting. It was supposed to sleet/snow/rain today but it is remarkably in the 40’s and it has just started to sprinkle. Thinking a white Christmas is just not in the cards this year.

praying: for brooke. This mama has been through so much and our babies were supposed to be born days apart and she needs a break.

needing: to see my mama (2 days). We don’t go very often without seeing each other, skype frequently but lately I am just missing her. I need her chats, her reality checks and the help with simple things like cleaning out closets.

thinking: how much I need this space. I don’t write for anyone else. I write because it is therapeutic. There are tons of other things I should be doing but this is what I choose to do because it keeps me sane. I am constantly amazed at the people who I have connected with, re-connected with, or met because of this little blog.

loving: the red cups from Starbucks, Christmas music on the 93.9, my Lululemon pants, smiles from my sweet Cate, my riding boots, cozy sweaters, questions from my curious 2 year old, hot showers on cold mornings, my new ipad and the app store, middle of the night cries from Cate (when it is not the fourth time in six hours), the first snowflakes that blanketed the ground last week and the hustle and bustle of this time of the year.

and you? what are you up to?

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhh I love this post. I love it! I wish you lived near by. We could run. And drink coffee. So love it.

    ReplyDelete