Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weekend Recap- Three Days Later


This past weekend was just what I needed to get out of whatever funk I was in last week.

Friday night was dinner with a girlfriend I cherish and the weather- the fact that the windows in the entire front of the restaurant were open was enough to make me smile.

Saturday we woke up to brilliant sunshine even if it was a bit early for our liking.

We watched as the largest of many trees in our yard was cut down. Poor thing was huge but dead and such a hazard to the house I am finally calling my home. It was entertainment for hours as we watched her thud in our yard and shake our house when she was finally laid to rest.


A visit from Empire carpet and the electrician followed by helping our neighbors recover their things from their flooded home ended our morning. Our kids took wicked (i.e. long) naps and we played at the park and had an awesome dinner courtesy of Glenn and the grill. Glenn and I watched “Zero Dark Thirty”.  So good…but yet so sad in so many ways. I am sort of obsessed with Navy SEALS right now.

Sunday we had breakfast with my parents at Walker Brothers and spent a good portion of the day doing things around the house, playing, riding bikes and going for a jog and working in our yard.


The thing is that the sun shined all weekend long. And that is necessary. And makes anything better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment