Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 to 2013


I don’t do resolutions. I don’t do words. At least I don’t think I do. I have unplugged form this space since before Christmas. Unintentional as it was, it felt really good.   I didn't turn my computer on until yesterday.  I have been present with my family being a mom and just enjoying the small moments that have made for really good memories of this Christmas season.  

And I went back to the post I wrote at the beginning of 2012 and realized that was one of my goals.  I don’t think I did it every day but I tried to be present and available with my kids.  And I am pleased that in the hustle of the holidays, I was able to be present more than I have been most of the year.   Not worried about pictures or words, just being present with my husband and kids as we celebrated the magic that makes Christmas so special with littles.  

If I had to give a word reflectively to 2012, it would be change. We had so many changes in our house literally and figuratively. If you read this blog regularly, then you know about all those changes to things like childcare, houses, cars, commutes and routines. 

I’d like to believe that change is healthy for and individual and a family.  I actually think that when change occurs we become our best selves.  We rise to challenges that we haven’t faced before and we embrace it with everything we have in our tanks. It what ends up defining us, redefining us and fueling our tanks so when the next challenge comes we are ready to meet it head on.  

But, I am ready for the change to stop. I am ready to slow down. I am ready to settle in. I am ready to watch my kids grow this year.  I am ready to foster the things that have been on the back burner for the past few years- my health, spirituality and my marriage.

I have a lot of posts to write to catch you up on Christmas, Cate’s 15 month letter and even the Project 52 I am attempting to participate in. But, today, I leave you with this.

via

 "Today is the first page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." 
-Brad Paisley

Let's do this 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. Slowing down is one of my goals too, and being present coincides! Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that Brad is a wise man. I love it! And I do remember your goal from last year. I can't wait to see your 52 project!

    ReplyDelete