Thursday, October 4, 2012

5 Things I Am Loving Right Now


Five Things I Am Loving- October
Where did September go? Seriously, in a blink of an eye October is here which equals cooler temperatures, the days getting darker earlier and the need for blankets. Since October is here I thought I would tell you five things I am loving right now.

Warm Drinks
Nothing says fall like a warm drink from my favorite place Starbucks. I am hoping someone (mom, dad, Todd, anyone) gets their new home drink maker so I can try it out. But for now, I am sticking with my warm chai teas lattes straight from the source.   I also find myself drinking their calm tea at night once fall is here and nothing is better than a salted caramel hot chocolate when the cooler temps prevail. 



I usually gravitate to bright pops of color when it comes to life- my toes and my landscaping most notably.  But nothing gets me more excited for fall than beautiful mums and fall foliage. The leaves are such gorgeous colors of reds, oranges, and yellows. It makes for beautiful pictures and is really refreshing after a summer of pink flowers and hot pink toes.




Riding Boots and Fall Flats
I have a loyal to my two pair of riding boots and I have my favorite flats in a couple of colors but lately I have been perusing Piperlime for more favorite shoes to buy. Jeans, riding boots and the sweater below just sounds lovely to me right now. 
via 
PS- I bought this yesterday for 40% off! Winning! 

TV
It’s back and better than ever. Since having kids, I watch less and less TV but there are still a couple of shows that I am loyal too.  I look forward to Sunday nights where the Amazing Race and Boardwalk Empire signal the ending to a weekend and the beginning of a new week. And as each week comes to a close, Grey’s Anatomy is my old faithful. I am thinking this winter when we hibernate we need to try to watch something new- Homeland, Breaking Bad, or maybe Friday Night Lights? Got a recommendation for us?

Down Comforters
I love the feeling of the heat radiating from under the covers. I love the feeling of our down comforter. How soft it is and how light yet warm it is.  How when you fluff it it gets big but stays so soft! By spring, I am ready to get a fresh, light quilt out but every fall, I beg for temperatures to drop so that I can bust it out and get it on our bed. 

What about you? What are you loving right now?



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE salted caramel hot chocolates- the best. And that sweater? I LOVE it. Love love love it. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh down comforter. It's just too warm for that in my house. We sleep with the fan on nearly year round, but I'm always bundled regardless.

    I'm loving...well, coffee. And food. And, I guess I don't have any favorites. Sleep? But that's more of a longing. My kids do not sleep in. At least the one I need to. She was up at 5:30 am. Again.

    ReplyDelete