Saturday, August 6, 2011

An Update on My First

In just a few short weeks, less than four, our family will grow. And while we are excited to have a a baby girl joining us, I don't want to lose sight of my first. He is changing and growing all too fast for me. I think as a mama sometimes you get so caught up in the day to day and forget about the remarkable transformation that takes place in such a short amount of time in a child. S0, I thought I would give you a comparison of Brady on the couch at 2 months and 22 months.



I am soaking up every smile, giggle, tear and moment with him because shortly there will be more of us, more to do, and unfortunately less time since I return to school next week. This kid, he melts me. He has my heart exploding with love like I never thought possible. He is fiercely protective of us, so serious and so silly all at the same time. He is 100% ours.

Brady

loves to say mama and dada

runs at a speed that is terrifying to me

gives the best hugs in each morning when he runs in to our room to wake us up

can't seem to stop playing with vehicles- trucks, ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, and just about anything else that has wheels

says "oh look or oh no" at least 100 times a day

watches "The Wiggles" "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Toy Story"

actually gets sad and whimpers when someone else is sad or you tell him someone is sad

can rough house with his dad for hours

loves to be airborne- whether it's in a swing or it is being thrown in the air

will help with anything we are doing from setting the table to sweeping the floor

could play in the water with buckets and shovels all day

wears 18-24 months or 2T depending on the brand

wears size 9 shoes

and size 5 diapers

He is my first, my son and soon to be my oldest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, he's really growing up!

    But how exciting for your family! Older brothers are such good protectors of their little sisters. How wonderful for your fam! <3

    ReplyDelete